Wisdom teeth extraction is very important to your dental health, but a lot of people are afraid of the procedure. Here at Pickens Family Dentistry, we do our very best to give you a comfortable and efficient experience.
Thanks to new technology and Dr. Pickens’ expertise in oral and maxillofacial surgery, your wisdom teeth surgery can be an easy and fear-free experience. Come in for a wisdom teeth consultation today.
Why Get My Wisdom Teeth Out?
Wisdom teeth, often lacking space to grow properly, can lead to:
- Misalignment in the mouth.
Removing wisdom teeth prevents potential dental complications and maintains optimal oral health.
Choosing a Qualified Dental Team for Your Wisdom Teeth Extraction
At Pickens Family Dentistry, we recognize the significance of wisdom teeth extraction in maintaining optimal oral health. While our skilled team is proficient in various dental procedures, we understand that wisdom teeth removal can sometimes pose unique challenges.
In instances where the complexity of a case exceeds the scope of our in-office capabilities, we have established partnerships with the finest oral surgeons in the area. This collaborative approach ensures that you receive the highest standard of care, even in situations that demand the expertise of a specialized oral surgeon.
Why Choose Our Collaborative Care Approach?
- Specialized Expertise: Oral surgeons possess a depth of specialized knowledge and skills in addressing complex cases, particularly when it comes to wisdom teeth extraction. Our partnerships ensure that you benefit from the expertise of professionals dedicated to this specific field.
- Advanced Techniques and Technology: Partnering with oral surgeons grants us access to advanced techniques and state-of-the-art technology. This ensures that your wisdom teeth extraction is performed with precision, utilizing the latest advancements in oral surgery for optimal results.
- Patient-Centered Care: Your comfort and well-being are our top priorities. If, after a thorough evaluation, our team determines that the extraction of your wisdom teeth requires the expertise of an oral surgeon, we will discuss this recommendation transparently. Your trust and understanding are integral to our patient-centered approach.
Our Commitment to Your Comfort and Safety
While our dental team strives to provide comprehensive care for a wide range of procedures, we are equally committed to your safety and the success of your treatment. Collaborating with esteemed oral surgeons allows us to extend our commitment to excellence in situations that demand a specialized touch.
Rest assured that whether you undergo wisdom teeth extraction in our office or through our trusted oral surgery partners, your experience will be characterized by a seamless transition of care and a focus on your individual needs.
Choose Pickens Family Dentistry for a dental care experience that combines the expertise of a dedicated team with the specialized knowledge of top oral surgeons. Your oral health journey is our shared priority.
What to Expect When Having Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
Having your wisdom teeth removed is actually a very simple experience. Here’s what the process looks like:
- Consultation: We will do a consultation visit a week or two before you have your wisdom teeth removed, where we will likely take some X-rays of your teeth and walk you through instructions for the day of.
- Preparation: On the day of your wisdom teeth removal, you will simply come in and we will use nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: Once you are under anesthesia, our dentist will safely and quickly remove your wisdom teeth. You will wake up shortly after the procedure is done.
- After the Procedure: You may have slight puffiness around your jaw or be drowsy. The drowsiness will wear off in the next couple of hours, and the puffiness will wear off in less than a week.
We recommend eating soft foods and avoiding straws for the first couple of days after your wisdom teeth removal. You can begin to eat solid foods as soon as you can comfortably do so. We seek to make your experience of having your wisdom teeth removed as comfortable as possible.
Wisdom Teeth FAQs
How Long Do Wisdom Teeth Extractions Take?
The entire visit is often about an hour and a half long, but this can vary depending on how complicated the extraction is. You will not be under the entire visit, the team at Pickens Family Dentistry will be there to prepare you for the visit and monitor you after.
We strongly advise that you do not drive yourself anywhere after your visit as you will have had anesthesia administered. We also advise that you take work off that day, to give yourself time to heal and rest.
How Much Does Wisdom Tooth Removal Cost?
Thankfully many insurances cover at least a portion of wisdom teeth removal, but if that is not the case for you, we will work with you on a personalized finance plan. The cost can vary depending on how detailed the procedure is, so we recommend you come in for a consultation to get a specific quote for your circumstances.
Wisdom Tooth Pain: How Much Will It Hurt?
We seek to make the wisdom tooth removal process as painless as possible, which is why we have general anesthesia and trained hands to help you. The most painful part is not the procedure but the slight ache you can have the day after your removal.
Over-the-counter painkillers should minimize the recovery pain. If you are concerned about recovery pain we can also prescribe a stronger, one or two-day, pain reliever.
What If My Wisdom Teeth Are Impacted?
If your wisdom teeth are impacted the procedure may take longer and so may your recovery time. In this case, we will refer you to a trusted oral surgeon who has the specialized training to handle complex cases like this in our area. Our oral surgeon partners share our same ideals to give you a comfortable and safe experience while restoring your oral health.
We do recommend if your wisdom teeth are impacted to get them out as soon as you can. This will help you avoid wisdom tooth pain.
Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Vancouver, Washington
We offer comfortable tooth extraction with a friendly staff, prepared to assist you in every way possible. Getting your wisdom teeth removed prevents dental pain now and in the future. Give us a call today to schedule your wisdom teeth removal consultation.