When you need comprehensive dental implant services, look no further than Pickens Family Dentistry. Whether you’re looking for a single tooth implant, implant-supported dentures, or fixed implant bridges, Dr. Pickens and the friendly staff offer implant dentistry in Vancouver.
One lesser-known type of implant dentistry is a fixed implant bridge. While you may have heard of a tooth bridge before, an implant bridge is slightly different than the traditional method.
Learn more about dental bridges in this guide, including information on what a dental bridge and dental bridge cost here or reach out to us to learn more. Contact Pickens Family Dentistry for a FREE consultation!
What Is the Difference Between Traditional Bridges and Implant Bridges?
Both implant-supported bridges and traditional fixed bridges are a way to replace a missing tooth.
Fixed implant bridges are an alternative to a traditional fixed bridge. What is a dental bridge? With a traditional bridge, a replacement tooth is supported on either side through a concrete-like adhesive. With this method, the bridge is attached to the adjoining, healthy teeth. This creates a “bridge” where the new replacement tooth can sit.
With a fixed implant bridge, however, dental implants are used to secure the replacement teeth to provide even more support. The bridge will be placed on two implants, making the entire bridge capable of filling the spots of three teeth.
Benefits of Fixed Implant Bridges
While the traditional fixed bridge is a good option when the adjoining teeth are healthy and strong, this isn’t always the case. Therefore, a fixed implant bridge is a great option that provides many benefits, including:
- It allows for a replacement tooth when the adjoining teeth aren’t healthy.
- This treatment can replace multiple missing or damaged teeth at once.
- Implant bridges are much longer lasting than traditional bridges.
- These bridges are strong and allow your mouth to function normally.
Fixed bridges are a hygienic fix as well, allowing for the teeth to the side of your bridge to be cared for normally. Fixed implant bridges are an innovative solution to dental damage!
Types of Fixed Bridges
Above we discussed the advantages of a fixed implant bridge, but the team at Pickens Family Dentistry also provides other bridge procedures. We will figure out what type of fixed bridge suits your dental health needs best.
Here are some of the basics about the various kinds of fixed bridges:
- Resin-bonded fixed bridge: A resin-bonded fixed bridge is the most typical and traditional type of fixed bridge. With this method, a dental crown is attached to the surrounding teeth using resin. This acts as a “bridge” to place the replacement dental crown.
- Cantilever bridge: A cantilever dental bridge is similar to a resin-bonded fixed bridge except there is only one anchor tooth, instead of two. These aren’t as common because they only work well for the front of the mouth.
- Dental implant-supported bridge: With a dental implant-supported bridge, the dental crown is supported and attached to dental implants. The dental implants are placed and then three new replacement teeth are added on top of the implants.
Have more questions about a dental bridge? Contact us today!
How Does a Fixed Implant Bridge Work?
When you receive a fixed implant bridge, we will talk through the treatment process with you. Here is a general overview of how the procedure goes:
- The two dental implants are placed: The implants are placed into the jawbone on both sides of the area needing the bridge. They are left to heal.
- The replacement teeth are added: After the implant posts heal, the dental bridge, will will be three teeth, is placed.
- Follow-up care is given: You will then receive any follow-up services at our office to ensure your new teeth look and feel great!
Discover more about fixed dental bridges by contacting Pickens Family Dentistry today!
Fixed Bridge Cost vs. Dental Bridge Cost
The costs of various kinds of dental bridges vary on many factors. If you need additional dental care or more preparation, the cost will be higher. Some insurance companies will also cover more of various procedures than others.
If you have questions about dental bridge costs at our office, don’t hesitate to reach out. We will discuss your options and determine the best treatment and payment plan.
Find Dental Implants Near Me at Pickens Family Dentistry in Vancouver
Dealing with missing or damaged teeth is frustrating and often painful. If you have missing teeth, a fixed implant bridge or another type of dental bridge may be the right treatment option. With Pickens Family Dentistry, you can expect restorative dental services in a relaxed environment that’s all about your needs.
To schedule your FREE dental implant bridge consultation, give us a call today!