Invisalign uses aligners to slowly shift your teeth to a better smile! Every patient will have a unique plan and set of aligners, but the Invisalign process remains the same—giving everyone consistent quality care. Keep reading to find out more about how Invisalign can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Schedule an appointment with Pickens Family Dentistry to get started on your treatment today!
The Invisalign Braces Process
We treat every patient with care at Pickens Family Dentistry. We have a standard process for Invisalign treatment, so you know what to expect. Here’s how it goes:
- Design your treatment plan and smile. Dr. Pickens will create a customized treatment plan using advanced 3D imaging technology. This plan will outline the exact movements of your teeth and the duration of your treatment. We also get to design what your final smile will look like, keeping your goals in mind.
- Decide if orthodontic acceleration is for you. Dr. Pickens may recommend orthodontic acceleration techniques, such as Propel or AcceleDent, to expedite the Invisalign process. These techniques can significantly reduce the treatment time, allowing you to achieve your desired results even faster.
- Receive your custom aligners and get started. Once your treatment plan is finalized, your custom aligners will be created. These aligners are made from clear, BPA-free plastic and are designed to fit snugly over your teeth. You will wear each set of aligners for a specified period, usually about 1–2 weeks, before moving on to the next set.
- Change your aligners as needed. As you progress through your treatment plan, you will change to a new set of aligners approximately every 1–2 weeks. Each set of aligners will gradually shift your teeth into their desired positions, following the treatment plan designed by Dr. Pickens. We also use Dental Monitoring Technology, allowing you to reduce the number of office visits during your total treatment.
- Start sharing your stunning new smile! Once you have completed the series of aligners, you will be able to enjoy your beautifully straightened smile. Dr. Pickens may recommend using night retainers to maintain your results and prevent your teeth from shifting back to their original positions.
Will Invisalign Clear Braces Work for You?
Invisalign braces are suitable for a wide range of orthodontic issues:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
However, the best way to determine if Invisalign is right for you is to come in for a free consultation with Dr. Pickens! He will assess your specific dental needs and give you recommendations based on your concerns and goals.
What To Do When You Get Invisalign
Once you have the Invisalign aligners, what is next? It’s essential to follow the instructions provided by Dr. Pickens for optimal results. Here are some important steps to keep in mind:
- Wear Your Aligners as Directed: It’s crucial to wear your aligners for the recommended amount of time each day, usually around 20–22 hours, as instructed by Dr. Pickins. We recommend removing them only when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Consistency in wearing your aligners is key to achieving the desired teeth movements and getting the best possible results.
- Change Your Aligners on Schedule: Dr. Pickens will provide you with a specific timeline for changing to the next set of aligners. It’s essential to follow this schedule diligently to ensure that your teeth continue to move according to the treatment plan. Skipping or prolonging the use of a set of aligners can result in delays or less effective outcomes.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Keeping your teeth and aligners clean is crucial during your Invisalign treatment. Make sure to brush your teeth thoroughly after meals and before inserting your aligners to prevent food particles from getting trapped, which can lead to plaque buildup and tooth decay. Also, be sure to clean your aligners as instructed by Dr. Pickens to keep them clear and odor-free.
- Attend Follow-Up Appointments: Dr. Pickens will schedule periodic follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. It’s crucial to attend these appointments as scheduled to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Wear Retainers as Prescribed: After completing your Invisalign treatment, Dr. Pickens may recommend wearing retainers to help maintain your newly straightened teeth. Retainers are typically worn at night and are essential to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their original positions. Make sure to wear your retainers as prescribed to ensure that your results are maintained long-term.
If you ever have concerns about how to handle your Invisalign invisible braces, you can always reach out to Pickens Family Dentistry with questions or tips. We will have your schedule on file and a knowledgeable staff member will work with you over the phone or in person.
Increase Your Confidence Today
A straighter smile will increase your confidence! Getting a beautiful smile can have a significant impact on your overall well-being. When you feel good about your smile, you’re more likely to smile more often, which can improve your social interactions, personal relationships, and even your professional life.
Ready to Get Started? Call Today!
Invisalign braces can help you achieve a stunning smile that boosts your confidence and enhances your quality of life. Come in for one of our FREE consultations to begin changing your smile for the better.