Our dental team is committed to providing comprehensive preventive care to help our patients achieve optimal oral health. As part of preventative care, we offer teeth cleanings and routine checkups. These dental cleanings are essential for the care of your teeth. We recommend you make an appointment to see us once every six months. Schedule your first one now!
How We Make a Healthy Smile at Pickens Family Dentistry
Teeth cleanings and dental visits allow us to give you a healthy smile. Cleanings and scans also help you prevent things that may damage your oral health and keep your teeth looking beautiful.
Visiting your family dentist regularly has a lot of benefits beyond simple aesthetics. Here are a couple of reasons to come to visit Pickens Family Dentistry for a dental hygiene visit:
- Prevention of Dental Issues: Professional dental cleanings help to remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can prevent cavities, gum disease, and other oral health problems. It’s cheaper and easier to prevent these problems than it is to fix them.
- Fresher Breath: Bad breath is often caused by bacteria in the mouth. Professional dental cleanings can effectively remove the bacteria, plaque, and food debris that contribute to bad breath.
- Early Detection of Dental Problems: During dental cleanings, our dental hygienists perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, looking for signs of dental issues such as cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Preventing Gum Disease: Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a common dental issue that can lead to tooth loss if left untreated. Regular dental cleanings and proper dental hygiene practices are crucial in preventing gum disease.
- Personalized Oral Hygiene Education: Our dental hygienists are committed to educating you on proper dental hygiene practices and providing personalized recommendations for your unique needs.
Dental Hygiene and Regular Hygienist Dental Cleanings
Since teeth cleaning and visits to the dentist are so important, there are several pieces to your visit. A regular hygiene visit should not be very long, typically 90 minutes. Here are the steps we include in your professional dental cleanings and regular visits:
- If we need x-rays to check for cavities or wisdom teeth, we will then conduct a scan.
- One of our hygienists will then clean your teeth with precision and gentleness.
- Dr. Pickens will then conduct a thorough exam. The exam will check for cavities or other weak spots that will need to be treated or watched.
- The last step is patient education. Based on the information we have from the scans and the exam, we will give you customized care instructions and schedule any follow-up visits.
Your visits to Pickens Family Dentistry will leave your teeth feeling clean. You’ll have the knowledge about how to obtain a better smile. We focus on getting to know you as a person so we can know your needs. We prioritize preventative care so that you can maintain the healthy smile we work so hard to give you. Your smile deserves the best care!
What Is a Dental Health Scan?
Pickens Family Dentistry uses cutting-edge technology to get a perfect picture of your smile and give you the best results.
A dental health scan is a 3D image of your teeth and gums—sometimes your jaw too. It lets us look at your overall oral health and check for signs of cavities or gum disease. Using this new technology allows us to be thorough and efficient when doing oral exams.
When Should I Take My Child to the Dentist?
When is your child old enough to visit the dentist? We recommend that parents bring their infants in as soon as their first tooth comes in. Definitely come in before your child’s first birthday, so we can check in on your baby’s developing mouth.
As a family dentist, we are prepared to see and treat your entire family, including younger children. Schedule an appointment for your child today.
Cleaning Your Teeth Effectively and Efficiently
Dentists cannot clean your teeth every day, so it is important to maintain good oral health and habits while you are not in the office. When you do visit our office we will help set you up for a successful oral health routine by teaching you proper brushing techniques and giving you a flossing demonstration.
Once you leave it is your job to take care of your oral health!
While you are at home be sure to use proper techniques and a consistent routine. When you brush your teeth, use fluoride toothpaste and brush in circular motions on all surfaces of your teeth. After that, be sure to floss and use a mouth rinse.
Getting the Regular Care You Need
Our dental hygienists and highly trained dentists want you to look your best. We hope that your visits to us will have you coming back for years to come. Contact us today to find out how we can improve your oral health!